- Community Development
- Building Division
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I Need A Contractor?
Using a Contractor
Contractor's State Licensing Board:
Contractors are licensed through the California Contractor's State License Board.
Verify if a contractor is licensed and up-to-date on their Workman's Compensation Insurance and more by checking their license CLSB Check a License
General Advice About Using Contractors:
- Hire only state-licensed contractors.
- Check a contractor's license number online or by calling 1 800-321-2752.
- Get at least three bids.
- Get three references from each bidder and review past work in person.
- Make sure all project expectations are in writing and only sign the contract if you completely understand the terms.
- Confirm that the contractor has workers' compensation insurance for employees or if exempt does not have employees that will be on your job site.
- Never pay more than 10% down or $1,000, whichever is less. Don't pay in cash
- Don't let payments get ahead of the work.
- Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project, including all payments.
- Don't make the final payment until you're satisfied with the job and the permit is finaled.
Building DivisionPhysical Address
1600 First Street
Napa, CA 94559
1600 First Street Napa CA 94559
Phone: : 707-257-9540
Permit TechsGeneral Email
Vincent CaballeroBuilding Inspector
Terri RitchiePermit Technician
Taylor ToblerBuilding Inspector
Jason WilliamsChief Building Official
Trevor SlevinBuilding Plans Examiner
Stephen DudlaBuilding Inspector
Jackson WilloughbyBuilding Inspector