Regional Workforce and Entrepreneurial Support
The City of Napa’s Economic Development Division has developed key relationships with regional workforce, entrepreneurial, and business support organizations.
- City of Napa Chamber of Commerce: The Chamber is an extensive business network and provides various support services to the local business community.
- County of Napa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: The Hispanic Chamber serves the Latinx business community and advocates for their needs
- Downtown Napa Association: DNA fosters better business in the downtown area of the City of Napa, which includes one of the two Opportunity Zones in the city. They also manage the Downtown Napa Property and Business Improvement District (PBID). See here for the latest management plan from 2021-2025
- Sonoma-Napa Small Business Development Center: This nonprofit provides expert advice, training, and support to small businesses. It is also housed in the Napa Valley Community College.
- Workforce Alliance of the North Bay: WANB runs a network of career centers and skills training programs to enhance the regional workforce.
Key Industry and Educational Partners
There are also several key industry and educational partners that provide resources and opportunities for Napa’s workforce, businesses, and other sectors.
- Culinary Institute of America Copia Campus: The CIA’s Food Business School includes a master’s degree in Food Business and Entrepreneurship.
- Napa Valley Community College: NVCC has a range of workforce training in nursing, food production, engineering, and business.
- Arts Council Napa Valley: ACNV focuses on promoting creative industries and advocating for amenities and needs of local artists and makers.
- Queen of the Valley Medical Center: A major hospital center and Level III Trauma Center that draws in other healthcare-related companies and workforce.
- Bay Area Urban Manufacturing Initiative: A regional initiative to support a local manufacturing ecosystem, with plenty of resources and connections across the Bay Area.