Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the projections for Fiscal Year (FY) 2019/20? Is the City expecting a surplus or a shortfall?
- What has the City done so far to address the FY 2019/20 revenue shortfall?
- When will the City know the final tally on revenues and expenses for FY 2019/20?
- What are the projections for revenue in FY 2020/21?
- Do I need a license to conduct business in Napa and why?
- Where do I get information about business tax requirements?
- Who is taxed?
- What information is needed to obtain a business license?
- How is the tax calculated?
- How is the application reviewed and processed?
- Can I do business while my license is in process?
- How can I obtain a copy of a current business license?
- How can I obtain a copy of a prior year's business license?
- What else do I need to do to start my business?
- What is Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT)?
- How do I obtain the monthly Transient Occupancy Tax forms?
- Who is exempt from the Transient Occupancy Tax?
- Do I need to submit a Transient Occupancy Tax return even if I do not have any rents for the month?
- How can I obtain a Transient Occupancy Tax financial information for the City of Napa?
- How do I apply for water service?
- How much is the deposit to open a water account inside/outside the City of Napa?
- Is there an underground leak adjustment and can I apply for it?
- Can my late fee be waived?
- Can I get an extension to pay my water bill and keep my water service on?
- Who else can I call for help with paying my bill?