Homeownership / Compradores de Casa
Si necesita traducir esta página de internet, presione en el botónque se encuentra arriba en la esquina a la derecha de la pagina abajo de "How Do I" y seleccione "Translate"
The City of Napa has Down Payment Assistance Program is funded through grant funds received from the State of California's Department of Housing and Community Development. The City's Down Payment assistance is in the form of a silent (deferred) loan. Currently, there are two funding sources available, and their eligibility criteria are listed.
- Gross annual income does not exceed 80% of the median income for Napa County, adjusted for family size per HUD. (Income Limit Chart)
- City will loan up to $150,000 or 30% of the purchase price, whichever is less
- 30 year loan, deferred payments for 30 years
- 1.0% simple interest rate
- Funds can be used to purchase homes within the city limits of Napa
- Maximum purchase price limit: Single Family: $654,500 Condos/Module: $523,000
- Buyer must have 1% of purchase price as their share of the transaction. (Cannot include seller credits)
- Buyer must be able to qualify for a fixed rate mortgage loan, no ARMs allowed
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Buyers cannot have owned a home within the last three years
- Modest Home-maximum 3 bedroom, 2 bath, unless family size requires a larger home
- The property must be owner-occupied or vacant at least 90 days prior to the purchase agreement being presented
- Home must pass Housing Quality Standards inspection
- Loan is a deferred second mortgage behind a first mortgage loan
- Complete HUD certified homebuyer education course here
First Time Homebuyer Program
First Time Homebuyer Affordable Housing Workshops
In light of public health concerns, all workshops have been cancelled. Instead, please attend an online homebuyer class here
Opportunities in Napa County
For information on other homeownership programs and opportunities within Napa County, including the Cities of American Canyon, St. Helena, and Calistoga and the Town of Yountville, contact us at 707-257-9254 or by email. Other program requirements and restrictions may be different, depending on funding source and location. Differences include income limits, loan amounts and repayment terms.