- Housing Division
- Homeownership / Compradores de Casa
Homeownership / Compradores de Casa
Si necesita traducir esta página de internet, presione en el botónque se encuentra abajo en la esquina a la derecha y escoge su idioma preferida.
Down Payment Assistance Programs for Homeownership Opportunities
The City of Napa's Down Payment Assistance Program is funded through grant funds received from the State of California's Department of Housing and Community Development. The Down Payment Assistance is in the form of a silent second (deferred payment) loan and can be used to purchase homes within the city limits of Napa. The eligibility criteria for these programs are listed below.
FIRST TIME HOMEBUYER PROGRAM:
Program Criteria for HOME Program and CalHome General Funds
View the program informational flyer in ENGLISH or SPANISH.
- Buyer must be a first time homebuyer or have not owned a home for a the past three years.
- Must be income eligible. See Income Limit Chart.
- Complete ONE of the Certified Homebuyer Education Programs below:
- Maximum loan amount of $150,000 or 30% of the purchase price, whichever is less.
- Terms: 1% interest rate, no payments required, and loan will be due in 30 years.
- Maximum purchase price limit for Single Family: $569,000
- Maximum purchase price limit for Condos: $569,000
- Who qualifies as a first-time home buyer?
- What are the income limits for the HOME/CalHome program?
- What is the maximum amount of assistance an individual could receive?
- Does the loan recipient have to live in the home purchased with these funds?
- What are the terms on these loans?
- What types of homes or housing units may be purchased using these loans?
- How can I get information on these programs?
To Apply for Any First Time Homebuyer Program
Go to the City's online participant (applicant) portal at https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/NAPACA/Participant (the application is available in both English and Spanish). If you prefer to complete a paper application, please email [email protected] or contact Jonathen Sakamoto at (707) 257-9254.
Opportunities in Napa County
For information on other homeownership programs and opportunities within Napa County, including the Cities of American Canyon, St. Helena, Calistoga and Yountville; contact us at 707-257-9254 or by email. Other program requirements and restrictions may be different, depending on funding source and location. Differences include income limits, loan amounts and repayment terms.
For More Detailed Program Criteria
For more information regarding the guidelines of these programs, click HERE to find the full Program Guidelines.