The City of Napa Citizens Academy is a program designed to help Napa residents learn more about their city government.
It's a free program for Napa residents 18 and over. A class of 25 participants is formed and weekly Academy sessions will be held on Wednesday evenings from 6 to 9 p.m. A citywide bus tour, followed by a graduation ceremony and reception, wraps up each Academy session.
Academy members will:
- Meet City Council members, department heads and staff
- Learn how decisions are made, how city funds are allocated and how departments operate
- Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs and services
- Discover the current status and future plans for Napa's development
- Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current issues and proposed projects within the City
- Participate in lively discussions, role-playing and other fun interactive activities
- Tour city facilities
- Become informed, involved citizens
the next Citizens Academy dates have not been announced. If you would like to be placed on the notification list for the next session, please send an email to [email protected].
Resources for 2018 Attendees