The Water Division of the Utilities Department is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the municipal drinking water system serving 87,000 people in the City of Napa and adjacent areas. The Water Division is dedicated to providing a safe and reliable supply of high-quality drinking water for its residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional customers. A comprehensive review of the City’s water system is contained in the Urban Water Management Plan. The Plan describes and evaluates water supply sources, projected demand, water conservation, and overall water service reliability through 2045.
We are OPEN! The Utilities Department is open Monday through Thursday, from 8 am to 5 PM, and will be physically closed to the public on Fridays. However, the community will still be able to access staff and services either by phone or by appointment, depending on services requested.
We respectfully ask that all visitors to our facility please wear a mask when indoors, as the safety of our community and our staff is of the utmost importance.
- Landscape Pros: Free Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper (QWEL) Online Spanish Training starts February 22.
- Annual Hydrant Flushing Program runs from December 2021 through April 2022. Check the program page for maps of current flushing locations.
- Get a $100 instant rebate on the Flume 2 Smart Home Water Monitor!
- New "Flip Your Strip" bonus enhances the Cash For Grass Rebate Program.
- As we recognize the ongoing drought conditions, water conservation becomes the important tool in preserving our supplies.
- Explore Napa Library's Online Napa Valley Watershed Tour.
- Will PG&E planned power outages affect my water service?
- Need a letter from the City of Napa for the PG&E Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)? Use this form.
- Aging Pressure Regulators (PDF) at older homes in Browns Valley may fail and cause sudden high pressure spikes that can damage indoor appliances. Customers are encouraged to replace failed regulators, and call 707-257-9521 with any service concerns.