The Water Division of the Utilities Department is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the municipal drinking water system serving 87,000 people in the City of Napa and adjacent areas. The Water Division is dedicated to providing a safe and reliable supply of high-quality drinking water for its residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional customers. A comprehensive review of the City’s water system is contained in the Urban Water Management Plan. The Plan describes and evaluates water supply sources, projected demand, water conservation, and overall water service reliability through 2035.
- As we recognize the current drought conditions, water conservation becomes the important tool in preserving our supplies.
- Watch out for Harmful Algae Blooms (HABs) on lakes this summer.
- Explore Napa Library's Online Napa Valley Watershed Tour.
- Will PG&E planned power outages affect my water service?
- Need a letter from the City of Napa for the PG&E Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)? Use this form.
- Aging Pressure Regulators (PDF) at older homes in Browns Valley may fail and cause sudden high pressure spikes that can damage indoor appliances. Customers are encouraged to replace failed regulators, and call 707-257-9521 with any service concerns
- City of Napa Water has moved! We have joined the rest of the Utilities Department in our new office at 1700 Second Street, Suite 100 (intersection of Second & Seminary Streets).