Significant Project Dates
Significant dates for this project include the following:
- On March 17, 2009, the City Council received a presentation on the “Napa Consolidated City hall and Asset Analysis Study,” (Study) and provided direction to incorporate the Study into the Downtown Specific Plan Process and to bring back consolidation recommendations as opportunities present themselves. (see Agenda Item 5A)
- On April 7, 2015, the City Council received a presentation on the update for the City Hall Consolidation Project including preliminary finical analysis. (See Agenda Item 24A)
- On August 18, 2015, City Council reviewed the draft Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the City Buildings Consolidation Project, provided input and direction to staff for incorporation into the final RFQ document, and approved the issuance of RFQ. (See Agenda Item 14B).
- On October 30, 2015 – a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a public-private partnership to take on this project was issued.
- On May 10, 2016, the City Council reviewed the RFQ Evaluations, approved the issuance of a Request for Proposals (RFP) to three qualified teams, provided direction to staff on policy items to be incorporated into the final RFP document, and approve issuance of the RFP. (see Agenda Item 4A).
- On September 20, 2016, the City Council provided direction to City Staff regarding the relative weighting and evaluation criteria to be included in the RFP. (see Agenda Item 6B).
- On October 4, 2016, staff received authorization to transfer properties related to the RFP City title.
- On November 7, 2016, an RFP titled “Opportunity to Design & Build a Public Safety and City Administration Building as well as to Develop Excess City Land with Private Uses" was released to the three pre-qualified teams.