Please note: If you simply need to get an existing water service turned on and establish the account in your name, please call the Finance Department at 707-257-9508, Email the Finance Department, or visit the Finance windows at:
955 School Street
Napa, CA 94559
Procedures for establishing new connections to the City of Napa water system vary depending on site location and project size:
Inside City Limits
For an existing house, a vacant lot, or to separate services for a duplex or triplex, Email the Engineering Assistant, call 707-257-9521, or visit the Water Division headquarters. You will be advised regarding service eligibility, water capacity fees, service pipe installation, meter sets, and scheduling. Prior to scheduling the hot-tap and service installation, you must pay all Required Water Service Fees (PDF).
Outside City Limits
Please note: The Outside Water Service Application procedures that follow are on hold. The City is not currently accepting applications due to ongoing policy revisions. For most sites outside the City limits, you must pay a $617 filing fee and complete an Outside Water Service Application (PDF) to determine eligibility. If approved, you must complete the conditions of the application and pay all Required Water Service Fees (PDF) prior to installation. Call the Engineering Assistant at 707-257-9521, Email the Engineering Assistant, or visit the 1340 Clay Street headquarters for more details.
These two areas do not require completion of an Outside Water Service Application:
- Congress Valley Water District - Leave a message at 707-256-0344 or Email the District's Secretary to initiate the application process.
- Silverado Resort Area - Contact the Engineering Assistant as previously listed.
For subdivisions, hotels, or other large projects requiring new development of the water distribution system, call the Water Division Engineer at 707-257-9336, Email the Engineer, or visit the Clay Street headquarters.
Construction Water/Hydrant Meters
If temporary water service is needed for construction purposes, complete a Construction Water Hydrant Meter Set Form (PDF) to apply, following the setup and use instructions included on its second page.
Standard Requirements/New Development
- All new services require installation of a backflow prevention device.
- Contractors should be familiar with the provisions and requirements contained in the Water Division Standard Specifications.
- Prior to occupancy, new development must meet its water demand mitigation (offset) requirements as specified by the Water Division.
- New development projects may be subject to High Performance Building Regulations and/or the Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO).
- Project sign-off requirements for the Water Division are listed and described on the Bluerod Form (PDF).