The City of Napa offers a water bill discount to assist customers who may be struggling to meet their basic needs. Adopted by City Council on April 17, 2012, the RateShare Program is only available to low-income single-family residential customers who are already enrolled in the PG&E California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program for their energy bill. To comply with Prop 218, funds for this assistance program are very limited as they cannot be drawn from rate revenue.
Effective with billing periods beginning on or after December 1, 2017, the RateShare Discount is now:
$25.00 per bimonthly water bill
- City of Napa Water Account Type must be Single-Family (Inside City or Outside City).
- Account Type is shown in the top right corner of the water bill.
- Customer must be currently enrolled in the PG&E CARE Program for energy bill discounts.
Enrollment in RateShare is on a first-come first-served basis, but signing up is easy!
How to Sign Up
- Call 707-257-9508 and press option 1.
- Provide clerk with your Name, Water Account Number, Service Address, and request enrollment in RateShare.
- If our system shows you are preapproved based on PG&E CARE enrollment:
- Clerk will activate your RateShare Discount immediately and it will apply beginning with your next water bill.
- If our system does not show you are preapproved, you will be asked to provide a current PG&E bill as proof of your CARE enrollment before we can activate your RateShare Discount:
- Proof may be provided at the Finance windows at City Hall, 955 School Street, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Once enrolled, your RateShare Discount will transfer automatically if you move to a new single-family residence served by the City of Napa water system. The City will reconfirm all RateShare customers' eligibility on a biannual basis.