Water RateShare Discount
The City of Napa offers a water bill discount to assist customers who may be struggling to meet their basic needs. Adopted by City Council on April 17, 2012, the Water RateShare Program is only available to low-income single-family residential customers who are already enrolled in the PG&E California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program for their energy bill. To comply with Prop 218, funds for this assistance program are limited as they cannot be drawn from water rate revenue.
Effective with billing periods beginning on or after December 1, 2017, the Water RateShare Discount is now:
$25.00 per bimonthly water bill
- City of Napa Water Account Type must be Single-Family(Inside City or Outside City).
- Account Type is shown in the top right corner of the water bill.
- Customer must be currently enrolled in the PG&E CARE Program for energy bill discounts.
Enrollment in Water RateShare is on a first-come first-served basis, but signing up is easy!
How to Sign Up
- Call 707-257-9508.
- Provide clerk with your Name, Water Account Number, Service Address, and request enrollment in RateShare.
- If our system shows you are preapproved based on PG&E CARE enrollment:
- Clerk will activate your RateShare Discount immediately and it will apply beginning with your next water bill.
- If our system does not show you are preapproved, you will be asked to provide a current PG&E billas proof of your CARE enrollment before we can activate your Water RateShare Discount:
- Proof may be provided at the Finance windows at City Hall, 955 School Street, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- While City Hall is closed to the public during the COVID-19 Emergency, the clerk will provide Email, Fax, Mail-in, or Drop-off options to submit your PG&E bill as proof.
Once enrolled, your Water RateShare Discount will transfer automatically if you move to a new single-family residence served by the City of Napa water system. The City will reconfirm all RateShare customers’ eligibility on a biannual basis.