Fire Prevention Division
The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for the review and adoption of regulations pertaining to the prevention and control of fire. The Fire Prevention Division reviews development and building projects for compliance with applicable codes and standards, and coordinates requirements with internal and external stakeholders.
The Fire Prevention Division is also responsible for performing the inspections of commercial and residential construction projects, weed abatement inspections, the commissioning of fire protection systems, the maintenance of building occupancy including hotels, motels, apartments, schools and assemblies, the investigation of fire-hazard related complaints, and the investigation of fires to determine their origin and cause.
Fire Standards for Design Professionals
- S-29A Hammerhead Turnarounds - Fire Engine
- S-29B Hammerhead Turnarounds - Ladder Truck
- S-7A Typical Residential Cul-de-Sac
- S-7B Typical Commercial Industrial Cul-De-Sac
- FP-2A Fire Lane Sign Standard
- FP-2B Fire Lane Sign and Curb Marking Standard
- Fire Alarm Replacement (PDF)
- Fire Apparatus Turn Information (PDF)
- Underground Installation Standards (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler Tenant Improvements (PDF)
- High Pile Storage Questionnaire (PDF)