Heritage House & Valle Verde Housing
The 2.9-acre project site is located at 3700, 3710, and 3720 Valle Verde Drive, just north of the intersection of Firefly Drive and Valle Verde Drive in the City of Napa. The project proposes to rehabilitate the vacant Sunrise Napa Assisted Living Facility with 58-unit single-room occupancy (SRO) units of permanent supportive housing with on-site supportive services and 8-one bedroom accessible units (Heritage House) facility. The project would also include construction of a new three-story multi-family apartment building with 24-unit apartment complex (Valle Verde). City File No. PL17-0114
The City of Napa has prepared a joint Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)/Environmental Assessment (EA)/Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for a 100 percent affordable housing development in conjunction with the Gasser Foundation, Burbank Housing, Abode Housing, the City of Napa and Napa County.
The application includes: Right-of-Way Abandonment of a portion of the terminus of Valle Verde Drive, a Lot Line Adjustment/Merger, Use Permit, and Design Review applications to remodel an existing building to allow a 58-unit single-room occupancy (SROs) and 8-one bedroom accessible units (Heritage House) facility and construction of a new 24-unit apartment complex (Valle Verde) on a 2.88 acre property.
The Project Site is located at 3700, 3710 & 3720 Valle Verde Drive, at the terminus of Valle Verde Drive, north of Firefly Lane.
The draft EIR was circulated for a 45 day period beginning on July 23, 2019. The public was invited to submit written comments on the DEIR/EA to the Planning Division by no later than September 5, 2019 by 5 p.m.
The Planning Commission conducted a public hearing on the Draft EIR/EA on August 15, 2019 at the City Hall Council Chambers to provide an opportunity for public comment on the Draft EIR/EA.
The City has prepared a Final EIR/EA that includes a written response to comments. The Final EIR/EA, and the project, will be considered at a public hearing by the Planning Commission on Thursday, December 5, 2019 at or after 6:00 PM so the Commission can make a recommendation to the Council. Following this meeting, the Final EIR/EA and project will be considered by the Napa City Council at a future noticed public hearing.
Final EIR Documents
- Heritage House/Valle Verde FINAL EIR
- Appendix A - Federal and State Comments (PDF)
- Appendix A - Regional and Local - F - NapaSan
- Appendix B - Restoration Agreement (PDF)
- Appendix C - Phase I ESA (PDF)
- Appendix D.1 - Hydro (PDF)
- Appendix D.2 - Hydro - Bridge (PDF)
- Appendix E - Geotechnical Investigation (PDF)
Draft EIR Documents
- Heritage House Draft EIR (07-18-19) (PDF)
- Appendix A - NOP and Comments Receivedz (PDF)
- Appendix B - Air Quality and GHG Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix C - BRA (PDF)
- Appendix D - Tree Survey (PDF)
- Appendix E - Section 106 Technical Report (PDF)
- Appendix F - Geotechnical Investigation (PDF)
- Appendix G - GreenPoint Rated Checklists (PDF)
- Appendix H - Phase I ESA (PDF)
- Appendix I - HUD Explosive and Fire Hazard Review (PDF)
- Appendix J - Hydraulics Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix K - Noise and Vibration Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix L - TIA (PDF)
- Appendix M - NEPA Noise (PDF)
- Heritage House - Environmental Listing Legal Ad Notice (PDF)
- Heritage House - Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) (PDF)
- Heritage House - Notice and Public Review of a Proposed Activity Floodplain (PDF)
- Notice of Preparation (NOP) of an Environmental Impact Report
Neighborhood Meeting, October 21, 2019
City of Napa’s Community Development Department held a Neighborhood Meeting to provide an opportunity for residents to learn more about the Valle Verde and Heritage House Project located at 3700, 3710, and 3720 Valle Verde Drive.