- Utilities Department
- Recycling & Solid Waste
- Solid Waste Rates
Solid Waste Rates
Residents can be proud of Napa’s solid waste program that diverts approximately 69% of collected materials from landfill. We have a robust recycling, food scrap and composting facility, and clean Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) collection vehicles. The City extended the life of equipment and vehicles with a contract extension with Napa Recycling & Waste Services (NRWS) but expenses are expected to exceed revenues by nearly $3.2 million in 2020. Rates have not increased since 2016 but changes are proposed to meet the increasing costs of the City’s dynamic materials diversion program.
You can read about Napa's solid waste, recycling and composting programs, as well as the proposed rate increases in our notice to the community here:
SOLID WASTE AND RECYCLING RATES NOTICE (ENGLISH)
AUMENTO PROPUESTO A LAS TARIFAS DE DESECHOS SÓLIDOS Y RECICLAJE (ESPANOL)
Important Documents - Solid Waste Rates
- Aug 1, 2019 Proposed Rate Tables (PDF)
- Jan 1, 2020 Proposed Rate Tables (PDF)
- Jan 1, 2021 Proposed Rate Tables (PDF)
- Jan 1, 2022 Proposed Rate Tables (PDF)
- Staff Report: Solid Waste and Recycling Collection Rates for 6.4.19 Council Meeting (PDF)
- Solid Waste and Recycling Collection Rate Study (PDF)
- City Council Presentation: Solid Waste and Recycling Rates June 4, 2019 (PDF)
- When was the last solid waste and recycling collection rate increase?
- Why are rate increases being proposed?
- What are the consequences if existing rates remain unchanged?
- How do I submit a protest vote against the proposed rate increases?
- What do I do if I believe that I did not receive a public notice in the mail (or if I mistakenly threw it out)?
- Who is receiving and counting the protest votes?
- Where does my trash, recycling and composting go now?
- Why am I required to subscribe to solid waste/recycling removal services?
- Will illegal dumping increase with the proposed rate increases?
- Do businesses and/or tourists pay their fair share of costs under proposed rates?
- How do the proposed rates compare to other communities?
- Is there anything I can I do to minimize impact of the proposed rate increases?
- My household is on a low/fixed income. Is there additional assistance available?