Hazardous Debris and Ash
Debris and ash from residential and commercial fires is likely hazardous and may contain toxic substances due to the presence of synthetic and hazardous materials. Napa County is working to secure assistance from State agencies that will ensure proper handling and disposal of household hazardous waste products as well as debris and ash from the fire. It is expected that State agencies will be in Napa as soon as next week to start. Please be patient as this process unfolds. In the meantime, in order to protect your health and the health of your neighbors, you should NOT begin any debris removal at this time. Please refer to the advisories regarding safety precautions related to re-entry and debris ash. Until all hazardous wastes have been removed and the property is cleared of debris and all contaminated soil has been removed, no demolition permits or building permits will be issued.
Click here to read more information from the County on hazardous debris from the fire.
Green Waste and Compostable Material
Residents may bring green waste and yard trimmings to the Napa Recycling & Composting Facility but we want to remind you that there is a fee ($18 minimum charge or $44/ton). Alternatively, you can use your normal brown curbside compost cart (or carts) for a wide range of compostable materials (including yard trimmings, food scraps & soiled paper) at no additional charge. We encourage curbside collection of green waste as there are vehicle count & tonnage limits on self-haul loads at our recycling and composting facility.
Residential Waste Service Information
For those who lost power last week and may need to dispose of spoiled food from their refrigerator/freezer: you can put all spoiled food - without the packaging - in your yard waste cans. Please remove the packaging first and place the packaging in the trash (film plastic) or recycling (rigid plastic) - and the food scraps in the brown compost cart. Full details of what is compostable or not compostable as well as tips for successful curbside composting are available here: www.naparecycling.com/residential-food-composting
Please visit www.naparecycling.com for more information on waste disposal.
Important Information about Gas Restoration and Relights
PG&E is working safely and as quickly as possible to restore gas service to your homes and businesses.
- As your safety is our top priority, PG&E urges that you do not attempt to relight pilot lights yourself. For your safety, let PG&E do this for you. In order to restore gas service, gas crews must conduct a thorough assessment of damaged infrastructure and on-site inspections at each customer home and business. Having access to customers’ meters is critical to the gas restoration process.
- As PG&E works through the restoration process, we pressure test and safety check the gas system several times. When individuals attempt to relight their own service, this results in a delay for all customers who are out of service.
- If you have already relighted your own gas service, please call 1-800-743-5000 so that PG&E can dispatch a gas professional and provide a safety check.
- Our crews are working around the clock with Cal Fire to ensure areas are safe to access and to restore service and relight pilot lights.
- If you are calling to report a gas or electric emergency, please call 1-800-743-5000.
- To find estimated time of gas restorations, please go to pge.com/wildfireresources
A Message from PG&E (En Espanol)
Información actualizada sobre la restitución del gas
Estamos trabajando de forma segura y lo más rápido posible para restituir el servicio de gas a sus hogares y negocios.
Apreciamos su paciencia durante este proceso, y entendemos su urgencia de obtener nuevamente el servicio. Como su seguridad es nuestra máxima prioridad, le pedimos que por favor no intente re-encender los pilotos de nuevo usted mismo. Por su seguridad, deje que PG&E haga esto por usted.
- A medida que trabajamos en el proceso de restitución del servicio, realizamos varias pruebas de presión y control de seguridad del sistema de gas. Cuando las personas intentan encender el servicio por ellos mismos, esto resulta en un retraso para todos los clientes que están sin gas.
- Si usted ya ha vuelto a encender su servicio de gas, por favor llame al 1-800-743-5000 para que podamos proporcionarle una revisión segura.
- Nuestras cuadrillas están trabajando las 24 horas con Cal Fire para garantizar que las zonas con acceso sean seguras, restituir el servicio y re-encender la luz de los pilotos.
- Si está llamando para reportar una emergencia de gas o eléctrica, por favor llame al 1-800-743-5000.
- Para encontrar el tiempo estimado de las restituciones de gas, por favor vaya a pge.com/wildfireresources
Due to poor and unpredictable air quality, unfortunately we have to postpone our Fire & Life Safety Day that was scheduled for this Saturday. Once we are able to reschedule, we will be sure to let everyone know!
The Police Departments of Napa, St. Helena, Calistoga, Yountville, and American Canyon, the Napa County Sheriff’s Office, Kaiser Permanente and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will host collection events for unused medication and sharps (used syringes and needles) on Saturday, October 28, 2017, from 10am – 2pm, at numerous locations around Napa County.
Monday, October 16: 9:45AM
All boil water notices have been lifted for the City of Napa.