The City of Napa Citizens Academy is a program designed to help Napa residents learn more about their city government.
It's a free program for Napa residents 18 and over. A class of 25 participants is formed and weekly Academy sessions will be held on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. A citywide bus tour, followed by a graduation ceremony and reception, wraps up each Academy session.
Academy members will:
• Meet City Council members, department heads and staff
• Learn how decisions are made, how city funds are allocated and how departments operate
• Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs and services
• Discover the current status and future plans for Napa's development
• Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current issues and proposed projects within the City
• Participate in lively discussions, role-playing and other fun interactive activities
• Tour city facilities
• Become informed, involved citizens
Residents from all segments of the community are welcome to apply. Classes fill quickly, so applications should be submitted as soon as possible for future openings.