Community Service Building (CSB), 1600 First Street
Building Division: Phone 707.257.9540 / Inspection Line: 707.257.1063
Code Enforcement Division: Phone 707.257.9646
Planning Division: Phone 707.257.9530
Housing Division (located at 1115 Seminary Street): 707.257.9543
Economic Development Division: 707.257.9502
Open to the public 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Rick Tooker, Community Development Director
Mail to: 1600 First Street/PO Box 660, Napa CA 94559-0660
The Community Development Department (CDD) provides community planning, development review and inspection services for the residents of Napa and the development community, and facilitates the permitting process in a manner that is consistent with City, State and federal standards. These services are delivered by the
- Mission:We deliver professional and responsive services to enhance the quality of life in our community.
Our Core Values:
- RESPONSIBILITY - We take responsibility for our performance in all our actions.
- INTEGRITY - We employ the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty and fairness in every action we take with the public and one another.
- COOPERATION - We are committed to teamwork where every employee is a valued member, and is treated with respect, encouraged to contribute, recognized, and rewarded for his/her efforts.
- KNOWLEDGE - We are empowered to seek continuous improvement through lifelong learning, innovation and creativityto achieve performance excellence.
CDD also administers and maintains the General Plan and Zoning Ordinance, and prepares studies and documentation to address future planning needs.
Within this section of the website will be found:
Community Development Department
1600 First Street
PO Box 660
Napa, CA 94559-0660
Building Division: Dan Kavarian, Building Inspection Supervisor
Housing Division: Lark Ferrell, Housing Manager
Planning Division: Ken MacNab, Planning Manager
Economic Development Division: Jennifer La Liberte, Economic Development Manager
The counter is staffed from 8am to 5pm each weekday, including the noon hour, for the convenience of persons needing assistance.
Express Building Permits:
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Afternoons-1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.