On September 7, 2016, the City of Napa will kick-off its fifth Citizens Academy. The Citizens Academy is a free, nine-week program designed to help City of Napa residents learn about their city government. The sessions will be held on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., with dinner at 5:30 p.m. and the session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The last session on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 will be held from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. This session will include a citywide bus tour, followed by a graduation ceremony and reception.
• Meet City Council members, department heads and staff
• Learn how decisions are made, how city funds are allocated and how departments operate
• Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs and services
• Discover the current status and future plans for Napa's development and expand their knowledge and become more informed on current issues and proposed projects within the City
• Participate in lively discussions, role-playing and other fun interactive activities
• Tour city facilities
• Become an informed, involved citizen