Doris Gentry was elected to a four year City Council term in November 2016.
Doris has lived in Napa since 1990. She has over 30 years of steadily advancing career work – including managing a corporation of 2,500 employees (producing 30,000 W2’s a year); owned a wood stove manufacturing plant; owned an Investment Banking operation in the Midwest; created an off-site bank for the SBA handling funding and loan decisions as a lender of SBA money and worked with city, county and state governments for infrastructure replacement in poor rural communities.
Unique talents, gifts and skills are needed to bring about collaborative relationships on a city, county and corporate basis. Doris has excelled in these ventures for three decades of building corporations, fund-raising and enhancing public agencies by: making them more creative; expanding consensus; instilling political/legislative savvy; enhancing board development; leading with focus and teaching/training staff. Helping a company grow and prosper has been a common denominator in the life of Doris Gentry.
Doris prefers to be a part of the ‘Think Tank’ of operations with a helicopter view of projects. At this level of planning she thrives for solutions before problems arise.
Doris and her husband Jim live in Browns Valley where they have shared their home with over 100 teen foster children. Jim and Doris have 4 children, 6 grandkids and 2 rescue adopted dogs.
Gentry has current philanthropic attributes within the city of Napa which include:
• Chair Napa County Task Force on Sex Trafficking since 2014
• Chair Annual Sex Trafficking Conference for 400 guests since 2015
• Talk so Kids Listen Host & Producer Live Radio Show 1440 KVON Radio
• Chair Chocolate & Wine Event for Foster, Adoptive & Kincare Children since 2009
• Chair Napa Sunrise Rotary 4th of July Parade Since January 2009
• Host & Producer ‘On the Edge with Doris’ Live TV Show
Napa TV 28 Since 2008
• Member Napa Sunrise Rotary Since 2007
• Napa Valley College since 1995
• Member MENSA [on and off] since 1984
• Teacher for 35 years includes teaching 2 years of High School Math
Term Expires: December 2020
Telephone: Doris Gentry at 707.258.7876