The City of Napa Public Works Department has issued a Request for Proposal for Design-Build Services for Compost Operation and Stormwater Improvements at the Materials Diversion Facility. Proposals are due at 4:00pm (Pacific Time) on July 21, 2017.
The project consists of the following elements:
1. Covered Aerated Static Pile (CASP) Composting System
2. Aerated Static Pile (ASP) Composting System
3. Composting and Industrial Operations Stormwater Permit Analysis, Permitting, Design and Construction of Stormwater/Wastewater Facilities for Compliance
4. Metal Canopy Roof Structure in Recycling Storage Area
5. Potential Metal Canopy Roof Structures in Compost Pre-Processing Area
6. Loading Dock Relocation
7. Driveway Expansion
The project is design-build and requires an experienced team of engineers and construction professionals to plan, design, permit and construct the facilities in a cost effective and timely manner.
A MANDATORY Pre-Proposal meeting will be conducted on Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 1:30pm (Pacific Time) at the Materials Diversion Facility at 820 Levitin Way in American Canyon, California. A representative of the proposing firm is required to attend this meeting in order to propose on the project.
The City has completed CEQA review for the major improvements and initiated CEQA on the other elements of the project. Bond financing has been secured for the project. The City plans to select a design-build contractor by August 11, 2017, issue a Notice to Proceed by September 18, 2017, and expects all design and construction to be complete on the project by October 15, 2018. The City expects to enter into a lump sum/maximum guaranteed price design-build agreement for the project.
The RFP package includes the following documents:
• Request for Proposal document
• Attachments A-G (Note: Attachment G will be issued by Addendum at a later date.)
• Exhibits 1-18 to Attachment E