Friday February 27, 2009
Chris Burgeson, Fleet Manager for the City of Napa, was awarded the Manager of the Year award in the Public Fleet category by the Northern California chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA) at their annual awards presentations in Berkeley, CA on February 20, 2009.
Photo at left: Chris Burgeson (l) with Steven Yee, Northern California APWA President.
- Profession: Significant contributions to public fleet.
- Leadership: Outstanding leadership and vision evidenced by employing progressive techniques in the area of public fleet.
- Innovation: Employment of new and innovative ideas and technology resulting in the advancement of the effectiveness of public fleet.
- Agency service: Implementation of effective methods to optimize fiscal management of public fleet.
- Customer service: Maintenance of a high degree of satisfaction among customers and other stakeholders.
- Community service: Promotion of management, finance and support in the community, agency or customers served.
Chris Burgeson has been Fleet Manager for the City of Napa for just over 2 years. Prior to that, he was spent nine years as a Senior Consultant for a leading fleet management software company, and was Fleet Manager for the Public Works department at the City of Glendale, California.
The American Public Works Association (APWA) is an international educational and professional association of public agencies, private sector companies and individuals dedicated to providing high quality public works goods and services. There are 67 Chapters throughout North America. The Northern California Chapter covers eleven counties: San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte, plus northern San Mateo.