- City Clerk
- 2021 - 2022 Redistricting
- COI Worksheet Responses
COI Worksheet Responses
- What is the nature of the common social or economic interest of your community? You can describe what the common interests of your community are and why or how they are important.
"A 55+ residence for 300 'seniors,' many of whom are still employed and the remainder are retired. The greatest common interest is maintaining the city's currently satisfactory transit service and the prompt and frequent visits by EMTs and ambulances.""Senior low-income complex"
"Safety for kids from vehicle traffic and noise, walkable to school, bike-able to downtown. Residential mix trending away from families and toward investment or vacation properties."
- Where is your community located? You can define it by neighborhood, streets, address, proximity to a key landmark (such as a school or community), or other boundaries?
"Browns Vallet, Rollingwood, Bird Streets (Skylark, Blue Jay, etc)."
- What are the geographic definers/boundaries of your neighborhood? Examples of definers/boundaries could be highways, roads, rivers, hills or parks.
"West Pueblo, Linda Vista, Baywood Lane""Highway 29 to the east with Lincoln Avenue overpass to the south, Redwood Creek to the west and Browns Valley to the southwest."
"Western edge of City along Partrick, over to Redwood Rd., down to the Chevron station."
- What is the rationale for your community of interest to be used in this districting? Please describe how the issues before the City Council have a unique impact on your group.
"I'm interested in the process and being a part of the redistricting process!"
"Browns Valley tends to be segregated racially and economically, this segregation should be mitigated by incorporating less affluent and higher Latino demographic areas abutting it (rather than further consolidated and homogenous)."
- What do you like about the current district lines? What do you dislike about the current district lines?
"It may be beneficial to include The Vintage at Napa, Redwood Retirement Center and addresses on the north side of the Redwood Road in the same district as Rohlffs Manor given the purpose of all of these residences. Perhaps the dividing line can be adjusted to wind around the north side of The Vintage and Redwood Retirement parcels.""We should include the 'island' just west of Rohlffs' complex."