Napa Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District
An Enhanced Infrastructure Finance District (which may be referred to as “EIFD” or “district”) is a governmental entity that may be established by the City Council to use future incremental City revenue from existing tax rates to fund public capital facilities and infrastructure, as well as other specified projects of communitywide significance. EIFDs are not funded by a new tax but rather by capturing all or a portion of the future property tax increment revenue (i.e. the difference in property taxes owed prior to and post establishment of the EIFD) generated within the boundaries of the district. The EIFD may finance projects through the issuance of bonds or under a “pay-go” model where money is spent as it is collected.
The goal for the Napa EIFD is to create the means by which to assist in the provision of public facilities of communitywide significance that provide significant benefits and promotes economic development within the boundaries of the Napa EIFD or the surrounding community and, for those facilities located outside the Napa EIFD boundaries which also have a tangible connection to the Napa EIFD.
October 20, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. – Initial public meeting of the Public Financing Authority to present the draft Infrastructure Financing Plan, answer questions about the plan, and consider comments related to the plan (meeting details included in the Notice of Public Hearing document available below).
February 2, 2022 at 2:00pm - governing body of the Napa EIFD (the Public Financing Authority of the Napa Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District (PFA)) will hold a a first public hearing to answer questions about the draft IFP and receive comments related to the Napa EIFD and the IFP.
March 30, 2022 at 2:00pm - governing body of the Napa EIFD (the Public Financing Authority of the Napa Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District (PFA)) will hold a second public hearing to answer questions about the draft IFP and receive comments related to the Napa EIFD and the IFP.
May 10, 2022 at 2:00pm -
- Resolution No. R2021-076: Intention to Establish the Napa EIFD
- Resolution No R2022-019: City Council Approving the IFP
- Notice of Initial Public Meeting October 20, 2021
- Notice of First Public Hearing February 2, 2022
- Notice of Second Public Hearing March 30, 2022
- Notice of Third Public Hearing May 10, 2022
- Infrastructure Financing Plan April 26, 2022 (IFP)
- Appendix A to IFP: Map of Boundaries of the Napa EIFD
- Appendix B to IFP: Legal Description of the Napa EIFD
- Appendix C to IFP: Projected Tax Increment Revenue Analysis
- Appendix D to IFP: Fiscal Impact Analysis