The Chief Building Official may authorize the refund of required permit fees as follows:
(a) Unused Building permit. On the canceling of a building permit within one hundred eighty (180) days after issuance, no work having been done and no inspections having been performed, the holder may be allowed a refund of the amount of up to eighty percent, 80%, of the building permit fee paid. No refunds of plan check fees for issued permits shall be allowed. Any unused plumbing, electrical, or mechanical permit(s) taken in conjunction with a building permit are governed by the refund procedures in subsection (b) of this section.
(b) Unused plumbing electrical or mechanical permits. No refund of deposits for these permits (including sub permits issued in conjunction with building permits, and miscellaneous permits) shall be allowed, except that on the canceling of a permit within one hundred eighty (180) days after issuance, no work having been done, the holder may be allowed a refund of the amount in to eighty percent, 80% of the plumbing electrical or mechanical permit(s) fees paid.
To apply for a refund the request MUST be made before the permit expires which is 180 days from the time of issuance
1. Email [email protected]
2. In the subject line include : Permit Refund Request for Permit Number _____
3. In the body of the email include: The property address, the permit number and the reason for the request
4. Each permit number needs a separate email for tracking purposes
5. Include an address for mailing the refund check if it is not the address listed on the original application
6. Wait for a reply from the Building Department that your request has been received and will be processed. If we did not respond it might mean we did not get it, but please wait 72 hours from the time of your request before following up.
7. Once recieved and approved by the Chief Building Official it goes to our finance department for a check to be made.