Napa Dia de los Muertos
Friday, November 4th 2022
6pm - 7pm CIA at Copia
Free concert, Los Cenzontles, presented by Festival Napa Valley Arts for All program
Saturday, November 5th 2022
3pm - 8pm downtown Napa
Map & event guide coming soon
Napa Dia de los Muertos aims to create a family-friendly event where our diverse Napa community feels seen and heard through art, tradition, music, dance, and food; and where the spirit of Dia de los Muertos is driven by cultural awareness, understanding, and acceptance.
Mission: Napa Dia de los Muertos is committed to the educational and cultural understanding of the sacred tradition known as Dia de los Muertos.
Vision: Napa Dia de Los Muertos Napa aims to:
- Create an educational space where Napa families can learn from its rich indigenous traditions.
- Provide an opportunity for the entire community to come together in celebration of life and honoring loved ones
- Create a sense of belonging and pride for Napa’s Latinx, Mestizo, Indigenous community
- Provide education and deepen the participant’s awareness about the Dia de los Muertos meaning and history for all ages
- Engage with youth and teens through activities and public displays of art-related projects
- Create a family-friendly event where our diverse Napa community feels seen and heard through art, tradition, music, dance, and food; and where the spirit of Dia de los Muertos is driven by cultural awareness, understanding, and acceptance without the commercialization or commodification of our community's sacred traditions.
Call for Art
Submission deadline September 16th, 2022
The City of Napa invites artists to participate in the 2022 Napa Dia de los Muertos. Artwork is open to outdoor sculpture, installation art, altars, puppetry and craft/art vendors related to Dia de los Muertos. Interested participants are encouraged to submit a proposal of current work or a proposal of an altar or offering honoring the life and memory of lost loved ones to display as part of the celebration of Dia de los Muertos.