Parking Citations

The Napa Police Department is responsible for the enforcement of local and state parking laws, regulations and restrictions that have been violated. The rules governing parking enforcement are defined by both the State of California Vehicle Code and the Napa Municipal Code.

The registered owner or lessee of the vehicle cited shall within 21 calendar days, either:
  • Pay the parking penalty, or
  • Submit a written explanation by mail requesting a review of the citation by the processing center. View further details on how to appeal a citation.
  • For correctable registration or equipment violations, the Certificate of Correction (see bottom section on the back of your citation) must be completed by either an employee of the Department of Motor Vehicles, a certified installation inspection station or an officer at any police or highway patrol office during regular business hours.

Handicapped Parking Citations

How to Pay a Parking Citation

The California Vehicle Code allows local agencies to reduce a Handicapped Placard Citation to an administrative fee of $25, if within 21 days the registered owner provides all of the following documentation:
  • A valid handicapped placard (valid on the date of violation)
  • The handicapped placard registration issued by DMV
  • $25 Administrative Fee
If you receive a parking citation in Napa and are ready to pay the ticket, you have several options to choose from.

Indigent Payment Plans

The City of Napa will accept the following documents as proof that an individual is indigent, for payment plan requests, in accordance with Government Code sections 68632(a) and 68632(b):
  1. Proof of income from a pay stub or another form of proof of earnings, such as a bank statement that shows the individual meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision (b) of section 68632 of the Government Code.
  2. **Proof of receipt of benefits under the programs described in subdivision (a) of section 68632 of the Government Code. Proof of receipt will consist of a copy of the most recent Verification of benefits form, Notice of Action (Approval) Letter or Award Letter.
  3. If a person has no income or does not receive Public Assistance, a copy of their yearly earnings from the Social Security Department is required for proof.
  4. Learn more about Indigent Payment Plans here.
**Programs include:
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • California Work Opportunity (CalWorks)
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
  • County Relief, General Relief (GR), or General Assistance (GA)
  • Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind, and Disabled Legal Immigrants.
  • In Home Supportive Services
  • Medi-Cal

For indigent person assistance with parking violations please go to the Citation Processing Center or mail requests to:

Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479