The City of Napa conducts general municipal elections in November of even-numbered years. The City Council is comprised of one Mayor and four Councilmembers, each elected at-large for a four year term. The next general municipal election will be held on November 6, 2018.
The 2018 Election will consist of the following
- Election of two Councilmembers for four-year terms
- Ballot Measure F (Establishing a 1% Transient Occupancy Special Tax for Affordable and Workforce Housing)
Voter Registration Information
Voter registration forms are available through the California Secretary of State website. The form must be printed out and returned with your signature. Return the form to:
Napa County Elections Division
1127 1st Street, Ste E
Napa, CA 94559
Voter registration forms are also available for pick up at the County Elections Division, Napa County Library, the U.S. Post Office, or at the City of Napa City Clerk's Office.
You may register to vote if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a United States citizen.
- You are a resident of California.
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election).
- You are not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony.
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote.
You will need to re-register to vote when you move, change your name, or change your political party preference.