Napa City Academy
The Napa City Academy is a program designed to help Napa residents learn more about their city government.
It's a free program for Napa residents 18 and over. A class of 25 participants will be formed and weekly Academy sessions will be held on Wednesday evenings, starting September 6, 2023, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM, with dinner at 5:30 PM and the session beginning at 6:00 PM. The last session on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, will be held from approximately 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. This session will include a citywide bus tour, followed by a graduation ceremony.
Academy members will:
- Meet City Council members, department heads and staff
- Learn how decisions are made, how city funds are allocated and how departments operate
- Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs and services
- Discover the current status and future plans for Napa's development
- Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current issues and proposed projects within the City
- Participate in lively discussions, role-playing and other fun interactive activities
- Tour city facilities
- Become informed, involved citizens
The application window has closed.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be placed on a future interest list.
Applicants who do not get scheduled for this session will be placed on an enrollment list for future sessions.