The Water Division of the Utilities Department is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the municipal drinking water system serving 87,000 people in the City of Napa and adjacent areas. The Water Division is dedicated to providing a safe and reliable supply of high-quality drinking water for its residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional customers. A comprehensive review of the City’s water system is contained in the Urban Water Management Plan. The Plan describes and evaluates water supply sources, projected demand, water conservation, and overall water service reliability through 2045.
The Utilities Department Administration Office is open Monday-Thursday 8am - 5pm, and Fridays by phone or appointment.
To pay your Water Bill, please use our online payment system, or drop off payment in-person at City Hall, 955 School St., Napa.
- Napa Valley Drought Contingency Plan (DCP) has been released. Visit the DCP web page for more information.
- Save water and money with a discounted Rachio Smart Irrigation Controller.
- Help us Stop Water Theft!
- Legionella: What You Need to Know
- Get a $100 instant rebate on the Flume 2 Smart Home Water Monitor!
- "Flip Your Strip" bonus enhances the Cash For Grass Rebate Program.
- As we recognize the ongoing drought conditions, water conservation becomes the important tool in preserving our supplies.
- Explore Napa Library's Online Napa Valley Watershed Tour.
- Will PG&E planned power outages affect my water service?
- Aging Pressure Regulators (PDF) at older homes in Browns Valley may fail and cause sudden high pressure spikes that can damage indoor appliances. Customers are encouraged to replace failed regulators, and call 707-257-9521 with any service concerns.