Special Event & Film Permits
The Department of Parks and Recreation coordinates and facilitates Special Event and Film Permits for the City of Napa through the City of Napa's Special Event Committee. Committee members include department representatives from Police, Fire, Public Works, Recycling and Solid Waste and partners from Napa Count and the California Highway Patrol.
Types of Event Permits
Permits events can be characterized into three categories:
- General Events: organized activities that have a stationary footprint requiring the closure of roads or public squares or plazas, often involving amplified noise, food, beverage, merchandise, or other forms of entertainment. Examples include festivals, markets, and ceremonies.
- Parades, Races, and Walks: organized activities following a set course that involve full or partial closure of City streets, sidewalks, or pathways.
- Film and Photography: any film or photography produced on City property for commercial purposes.
Special Event Permit Requirements
Any event utilizing public parks, streets and/or facilities with one or more of the following items requires a special event permit:
- Total event attendance with more than 250 people
- Use or closures of any public street, sidewalks or public right away
- Amplified sound
- Selling food, alcohol or merchandise
- Selling tickets
- Advertising an event open to the public on public property
- Requiring stages, tents, barricades, fences or other items
Oxbow Riverstage: Special Event Permit Updates
Due to the increased interest by the public to reduce the sound levels for the Oxbow Riverstage 2022 concert series, the event organizers have changed the direction of the stage orientation and it is now facing east toward downtown Napa. In addition, the City of Napa is collecting sound monitoring readings using a professional vendor and equipment and throughout the entire concert periods. Below are the average readings for each concert and this data will be updated at the end of each month:
Concert Date: 6/19/2022
|Location||Average Sound Monitor Reading||NMC 12.40.030 (D) Requirement|
|Oxbow Preserve ||52.7||65|
Concert Date: 6/25/2022
|Location||Average Sound Monitor Reading ||NMC 12.40.030 (D) Requirement|