Filing an Online Report
Benefits of an Online Report
When a citizen files a police report online, it saves them time by allowing the citizen to fill out the report at a date and time of their choosing. No waiting! Crimes or incidences that are appropriate for filing online are most any crimes that are not in-progress; where there is no known suspect(s); where the crime occurred within the City of Napa limits; and did not occur on a State Freeway. Examples of these crimes are: lost property, theft, vandalism to property, vehicle burglary, and vehicle vandalism.
Citizens Online Police Reporting System
If this is an emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following by using the respective resource to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency:
- This incident occurred within the Napa Police Department city limits:
- There are no known suspects:
- This did not occur on a state freeway:
If all of the above apply, you are ready to file your report online through the LexisNexis website using one of the links below. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If any of the statements above did not apply, please call Napa Police Dispatch at 707-257-9223 (non-emergency line).
Completing Your Report
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.