Policy & Guidance
Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices
The California Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices is the primary source of standards for traffic signs, signals and pavement markings. California Vehicle Code Division 11 "Rules of the Road" provides State Laws related to the operation of vehicles on public streets.
California Department of Transportation Highway Design Manual provides Caltrans policies for the design of State Highway Facilities.
Napa Temporary Traffic Control Plan Guidelines
The following guidelines are to assist in the preparation of Temporary Traffic Control (TTC) Plans for operations within the City of Napa Right of Way.
The former Traffic Advisory Committee provided advice and recommendations to the City Council, Planning Commission and staff on significant traffic related matters. All matters that were previously directed to the TAC are now being handled by the Public Works Director.
Citywide Policy Guidelines
- All Way Stop Signs (PDF)
- Bicycle Boulevard Guidelines (PDF)
- Business Parking Limits Outside of the Central Business District (PDF)
- Disabled Person Parking - Residential_ (PDF)
- Disabled Person Parking Form DP-1 (PDF)
- Downtown Parking Committee (PDF)
- Livable Residential Street (PDF)
- Marked Crosswalks (PDF)
- Napa Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program (PDF)
- Napa Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program Appendix B (PDF)
- Napa Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program Appendix C (PDF)
- Napa Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program Overview (PDF)
- No Parking Zones at Fire Hydrants (PDF)
- Preparation Guidelines (PDF)
- Residential Permit Parking (PDF)
- Roadway Striping Changes (PDF)
- Share the Road Signs (PDF)
- Street Smarts Napa Summary (PDF)
- Temporary Traffic Control Plans, (PDF)
- Traffic Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Traffic Level of Service (PDF)
- Two Way Stop Signs (PDF)
- Typical Applications (PDF)