Reference Materials

  • California Department of TransportationDivision of Traffic Operations supports the Districts and partners in operating the state highway system safely, smoothly, and efficiently through a combination of strategies.
  • Napa County Transportation and Planning Agency operates the VINE, the Napa area’s bus system, oversee the planning and funding of paratransit, the maintenance and improvement of highways, streets and roads, and bicycle transit. The NCTPA helps promote air quality in the Napa region. The NCTPA also works with the Metropolitan Transportation Commission to coordinate funds from the Transportation Development Act (TDA) for transit, paratransit, streets and roads, and bicycle projects. Additionally, NCTPA serves as the Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Authority for the allocation of funds derived from vehicle registration fees.
  • Napa Valley Car-Free provides pre-trip traveler information to visitors of the Napa Valley so they can plan their trip using viable transportation alternatives to driving a car.
  • 511 SF Bay  is your one-stop phone and web source for up-to-the-minute Bay Area traffic, transit, rideshare, and bicycling information. It's FREE and available whenever you need it – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – from anywhere in the nine-county Bay Area. Call 511 or visit 511 SF Bay website.
  • California Driver's Handbook includes information you need in order to successfully pass your permit / license exam. A California driver license shows that you have been given permission by the state to drive on public roadways. You may apply for a driver license at most DMV Offices.  
  • Federal Highway Administration
  • Institute of Transportation Engineers
Spandex Isn't Armor. Exercise Caution.

Related Documents