- Fire Department
Vacation Rental Fire & Life Safety Inspection
* Vacation rental inspection requests can be made 24 hours a day. We strive to schedule your inspection within 24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays. You may request a preferred date on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday within an AM or PM time frame. However, please understand, due to the volume of inspections we receive that may not always be possible. You will receive an email and calendar invite from an Inspector confirming the request with a specific date and time of the inspection. All inspection requests shall be made by the property owner.
* Be prepared to provide the Fire Department with access to all parts of the property at your scheduled inspection time. The Property owner and/or an authorized representative appointed by the property owner must be on-site during the entirety of the scheduled inspection.
* Once the properties fire inspection has been completed, the Fire Department will provide you with a copy of your inspection report. Properties with violations must be corrected in a timely manner and it is the responsibility of the property owner to schedule a re-inspection via this webpage for compliance and permit renewal.
Vacation Rental Resources
- Fire & Life Safety Common Violations.PDF
- Pass - Fire Extinguisher Operation.PDF
- Home Smoke Alarm Tips (PDF)
- Fire Extinguisher Info.PDF
- Home Escape Plan Tips (PDF)
- After The Fire Resources (PDF)
- Disaster Preparedness Information (PDF)
- Living with Fire Brochure (PDF)
- Ready Set Go Wildfire Action Plan (PDF)
- Prepare for Wildland Fires Now (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler Tenant Improvements (PDF)
- Smoke Detector Disposal Information (PDF)