News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/15/2019 8:04:23 AM to 10/26/2019 12:00:00 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: October 15, 2019

[ARCHIVED] Spoiled food? Here's what to do.


Do you have spoiled food?

Any unpackaged spoiled food is fully compostable. All food and soiled paper must be separated from non-compostable plastic, glass or metal packaging (see for complete details on what is accepted). Spoiled food that is not separated from non-compostable food packaging should be discarded in gray trash carts. Residential customers can have up to nine extra 30 gallon bags (or barrel/box) of trash on normal day of service for a fee of $7.64/bag (customers should call NRWS at 707-255-5200 in advance to arrange for extra trash service).

Commercial customers with large amounts of packaged spoiled food can contact NRWS for special packaged food collection service.

Facebook Twitter Email