On September 6, 2023, the City of Napa will kick-off the 2023 Napa City Academy. The City Academy is a free, six-week program designed to help City of Napa residents learn about their city government. The sessions will be held on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM, with dinner at 5:30 PM and the session beginning at 6:00 PM. The last session on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, will be from approximately 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. This session will include a citywide bus tour, followed by a graduation ceremony.
- Meet City Council members, department heads and staff
- Learn how decisions are made, how city funds are allocated and how departments operate
- Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs and services
- Discover the current status and future plans for Napa's development and expand their knowledge and become more informed on current issues and proposed projects within the City
- Participate in lively discussions, role-playing and other fun interactive activities
- Tour city facilities
- Become an informed, involved community member
The City is now accepting applications for the Fall 2023 session. The academy is free to City of Napa residents 18 years and older. Apply now as class size is limited and spaces are expected to fill up quickly.
Visit www.cityofnapa.org/CityAcademy or e-mail Jaina French, Community Relations & Media Manager, at [email protected] for more information.
The deadline to submit applications is Monday, July 24th. Applicants who do not get scheduled for this session will be placed on an enrollment list for future sessions.
Prefer paper? You may also download and print an application here - please complete and return to Napa City Hall, 955 School Street, no later than Monday, July 24th at 5 PM.